Another year gone by. As I write this it feels both like so much has changed and like nothing has changed. Here I am again, a year later, trying to figure out what to write and only knowing that I have to once again apologize for being late with this Best Of. I feel like its my MO to be a little fashionably late with these and most posts. One day I will have this up on New Year’s Day! One day.
2014 for Todd Spoth Photography was amazing. Tons of new amazing clients and some incredible jobs in some incredible places. Since I do much better with lists, hereÂ are some “memorable moments”.
- Snowed in at a beautiful snowy cabin in The Adirondack mountains of upstate New York and ringing in 2014 in front of a warm fire. (Click HERE to read aboutÂ our Polar Vortex adventure)
- First official session ofÂ 2014 with actress Katlynn Simone from BET’s The Game and seeing the images everywhere. (including above)
- PhotographingÂ surgical procedures when you are very squeamish around blood and guts. (never gets easier)
- Working with Kate Spade NY and tapping my automotive photo knowledge from years ago.
- Being on set during the filming of several awesome music videos inc. Lil Boosie ft. Webbie – “Show The World”, Doughbeezy – “I’m From Texas”, Trae Tha Truth ft. Young Thug – “Try Me”,Â J-Cole, et al
- On stage with Juicy J and Action Bronson during the infamous Beerfest and being the only photographer at Drake’s legendary return to Warehouse Live show during HAW.
- Getting paid to experience the Jay-Z and Beyonce: On The Run tour stop in Houston AND actually making pictures.
- Dumping confetti onÂ Houston Texan Lonnie Ballentine for the cover of Southwest the Magazine’s November issue.
- Licensing several of my stock images to Big Weekend Calendar’s first Houston calendar for 2016. Pick one up!
- Reconnecting with so many of my APAD family in Philadelphia.
- A great session with the best gymnast in the world, Simone Biles, for the cover of this month’s (January 2015) cover of Houstonia Magazine. (Click HERE for the behind the scenes)
- Photographing a prison guard/Mexican luchador in San Antonio for Dollar Shave Club.
- Seeing (and photographing) my 90’s emo heroes, Mineral, just a few feet and hours away from seeing (and photographing)Â my 90’s r&b hero, Ginuwine at FFFFest.
- Collaborating with Lonestar and Pabst at SXSW in Austin while simultaneously putting together a separate photo essay (seen below) featuring frames from my Fuji XT1 and Instax polaroids.
This blog took a bit longer than I wanted it to take and 2014 was the blog’s “rebuilding year”, but I couldn’t be happier now that it’s finally finished up. Expect a ton more content and more frequently from here on out. Tardy or not, it’ll be here. So bookmark it, add it to your blogroll, and lets be friends! I’m also pretty excited that instead of having to manually insert theÂ links for the previous years’ “Best Of” posts, there are automatically links to those at the very very end of the post, underneath the slideshow. Awesome!
Once again I’ve assembled not necessarily the best, but rather my favorite 100 images from 2014. See them below as tiny squares in a bigger square or in a neat little slideshow under that. I hope your 2015 is a million times as awesome as your 2014. Thanks for looking!