Its been two weeks since NBA All Star weekend here in Houston. From Thursday, February 14th, through Sunday, February 17th, I photographed a barrage of events from special appearances at the mall and community service events to live shows and video shoots, with the intention of producing a small body of work showcasing what it’s like to be behind the scenes at an event like this. I was along for the ride photographing different events as well as coordinating and producing a handful of different videos for several different artists such as Trae, T.I and Future. People spend hundreds of dollars for entry into a club just on the very notion of being able to catch a glimpse of a celebrity during an event like this, these are the images that most don’t see. Image by image, this is 2013 NBA All Star Weekend from my perspective.
Here’s a few things you can see in the photos:
- Houston rapper, Trae Tha Truth, playing with his son, Houston, outside of the Air Jordan pop-up shop at The Galleria in Houston.
- Local Houston rappers, DoubleBe and Kab Tha Don, showing off theirÂ grills, backstage, at Fitzgerald’s
- Doughbeezy,Â live at Fitz.
- Trae & ABN lending their time to Habitat for Humanity as well as being interviewed by MTV at the same event.
- Future, Meek Mill and Jadakiss on set during a music video shoot in Houston.
- Hip Hop legend Kurtis Blow at an evening appearance.
- Trae, Paul Wall and Yo Gotti escaping the crowds at the Galleria Mall in Houston.
- On stage with T.I., Waka Flocka, Nelly, Trae, Trey Songz, et al at Stereo Live in Houston.
- Another music video shoot with Bun B, Dizee Rascal and Trae.
- Yet another music video shoot with T.I. and Trae.